Training of IAPP Community Facilitators
From October 2012 to February 2013 IAPP TA organized the Training of IAPP Community Facilitators in community mobilization. A total of 369 Community Facilitators were trained in the two regions of the project—Rangpur and Barisal.
The five day training on community mobilization and facilitation included the following topics:
• Background, objectives and components of the project;
• Responsibilities of Community Facilitators;
• Basic concepts of facilitation;
• Community Mobilization Cycle;
• Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) Tools;
• Group Management and Dynamics;
• Preparation of Community Action Plans;
• Gender Issues; and
• Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation.
The training also included a full day of field practice on PRA Tools.
Participants rated the training usefulness as _4.52_ out of 5.