Training on M&E, Nutrition and Trouble shooting for IAPP Community Facilitators and Field Assistants
IAPP TA organized this training for IAPP Community Facilitators (CFs)and Field Assistants (FAs) from November 2013 to April 2014 after providing basic training on Community Mobilization. The five days residential training was divided into three different segments -Nutrition, M&E and Troubleshooting. A total of 369 Community Facilitators (male- 333 & female – 36) and 103 Field Assistants (male-97 & female- 06) were trained in 19 batches from the project activity area – Rangpur and Barisal.
The training on Nutrition, M&E and Troubleshooting included following topics and pattern:
§ 2 Days for M&E -
· Conceptual overview of M&E and MIS system of IAPP;
· Tools and formats introduced by IAPP monitoring system; and
· Practical exercise on data collection and entry in the system.
§ 2 days on basic nutrition -
· Basics of food and nutrition;
· Meal planning;
· Cooking demonstration on dietary diversity
· Breastfeeding and complementary feeding
· Continuation of Cooking demonstration on complementary feeding;
· Food preparation techniquesfor minimizing nutrient losses and Hygienic handling of vegetables and fruits;
· Personal and domestic hygiene;
· Adolescent and maternal nutrition;and
§ 1 day for troubleshooting -
· Identification of the problems encountered in the field
· Identification ofsupportive measures through experience shared by SDF supported self-help group leaders
· Preparation of plan of action for the next one year
Participants rated the training usefulness as _ 4.83 _ out of 5.